Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cedar Chest Transformation

This summer I've been on a kick of refinishing furniture.  I found this cedar chest on ksl.  I have always wanted one at the end of my bed, but our bedroom is way too small!  I put my blankets in my family room in a woven laundry basket and I thought this would look so much nicer... AND I could make it match my new coffee table! I really wanted one that you can sit on, so this was perfect.
 I can't believe how convenient the wheels have been, but I think I am going to put little feet/legs on instead. 
I love how long it is.  I can fit a ton of blankets in there.  
 The fabric on top, not so cute! My wonderful husband helped me reupholster the top.  It was very easy!
I worked my magic with some primer, krylon ivory satin spray paint, and some glaze.


 I left the top the original wood.  I just need some cute little feet/legs! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment